Tropical Greens is one of our most popular juices, but there is always one question we have to answer before an interested customer makes the purchase. Almost every single person says the same thing, “What is this Moringa stuff that is on the label?”
Moringa oleifera is a fairly large tree native to North India that has leaves which are known as an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, and also used as ingredients in traditional herbal medicines. Moringa leaves are rich in many important nutrients, including protein, vitamin B6, vitamin C, riboflavin, iron, and is rich in various antioxidants, including quercetin and chlorogenic acid. Moringa leaf powder which is included in our Tropical Greens juice can increase blood antioxidant levels.
The benefits of Moringa are very important to developing countries in Africa and Asia as they can lack sources of vitamins, minerals and protein. Moringa tree can be grown in this climate and provide the essential vitamins through grounding the the leaves and ingesting in capsule form.
To date, studies show that Moringa oleifera may lead to modest reductions in blood sugar and cholesterol. It may also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and protect against arsenic toxicity. Moringa leaves are also highly nutritious and should be beneficial for people who are lacking in essential nutrients.
As one of the leading supplements, Spirulina is used for many of the following benefits:
The top benefits found found were:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Antioxidants are compounds that act against free radicals in your body. High levels of free radicals may cause oxidative stress, which is associated with chronic diseases like heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Moringa contains vitamin C, Beta-carotene, Quercetin, and Chlorogenic acid
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels: One study in 30 women showed that taking 1.5 teaspoons (7 grams) of moringa leaf powder every day for three months reduced fasting blood sugar levels by 13.5%, on average
- Reduce Inflammation : In fact, sustained inflammation is linked to many chronic health problems, including heart disease and cancer. Scientists believe that isothiocyanates are the main anti-inflammatory compounds in Moringa leaves, pods and seeds.
- Lower Cholesterol: Moringa oleifera can lower your cholesterol levels, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease.
- May Protect Against Arsenic Toxicity: Interestingly, several studies in mice and rats have shown that the leaves and seeds of Moringa oleifera may protect against some of the effects of arsenic toxicity
If you want to add it to your diet with Grove products, it is available in the following: