Whether it’s the heat or the humidity, the dog days of summer are almost here and the high temperatures are coming with them. Everyone should be staying nice and hydrated, but in between that don’t forget to treat yourselves to little healthy treats.
Since it’s also berry season, one of our favorite frozen treats to beat the heat is a Berry Smoothie Popsicle. These treats are a very cool way to get your smoothie fix on a neat Popsicle stick treat.
We strongly suggest using the strawberries and blueberries in our recipe below since they are in season and contain tons of antioxidants (not to mention, the most delicious berries going). If you’re not a fan, feel free to mix in your own!
To make Smoothie:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw honey
To make Popsicles
- Add bananas, blueberries, almond milk, honey and lemon juice in blender
- Blend for 1-2 minutes on high
- Place strawberry slices into each Popsicle mold
- Pour smoothie mixture over strawberries until each mold is filled
- Insert sticks into mold and place in freezer overnight to set